The Green Team
In the summer of 2008, Crown Prince formed “The Green Team,” a committee to analyze ways in which we could be more sustainable as a company. By promoting greener habits in our day-to-day jobs, we’d hopefully take those habits home with us and inspire others to do the same.
So far, The Green Team has been a great success! We’ve instituted many company initiatives including:
- Electricity reduction – Small changes really add up! We’ll share the results of our first office-wide power saving initiative soon.
- We registered with the Carbon Disclosure Project, a non-profit organization that works with corporations to disclose greenhouse gas emissions.
- Back to the Tap 90% of Crown Prince Employees signed a pledge to drink water from the tap versus plastic bottles. Employees were given an aluminum reusable water bottle and we installed a water filtration system!
- Earth Day We celebrate Earth Day twice each year by giving back to the environment and promoting sustainability.
- Plant a Tree! We chose an orange tree – native to California and easy to care for.
- The Green Team publishes weekly “green” tips for around the office and at home. Stay tuned! We just might share some with you.
Are you familiar with the saying, “The entire ocean is made of tiny drops”? In the same way, big changes are the result of many small changes working toward the same goal. Each day that we take steps to make Crown Prince a greener company, we’re a part of that larger movement—and we’re glad you are a part of it with us.
If you like what you’re reading on the Crown Prince Seafood blog, please come back often. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or contact us directly. We look forward to hearing from you.