Crown Prince Helps Canstruction Fight Hunger – One Can at a Time
After supporting Canstruction in New York City last fall, we couldn’t be more excited to get involved here in our own backyard! Crown Prince is proud to have donated 550 cases (6,600 cans) of Crown Prince Fancy White Crab Meat to Canstruction Orange County for the design built by the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM).
What is Canstruction?
Canstruction is an international movement to fight hunger, one can at a time. For each Canstruction event, local businesses, schools and organizations build larger-than-life sculptures out of cans of nonperishable food. After public exhibition, judging, and quite a bit of fun, the food is donated to local food banks and anti-hunger organizations.
Canstruction Orange County takes place each September in conjunction with the Festival of Children. This year’s 14 sculptures consist of 90,000 cans – that’s 60,000 pounds of food that will be donated to the Orange County Food Bank!
Want to participate?
- Make a financial donation to the Orange County Food Bank
- Find a food bank near you via Ample Harvest, Feeding America or FoodPantries.org
- Head to South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA, before September 25 to see the sculptures in person!
- ‘Like’ Canstruction Orange County on Facebook and vote for your favorite sculpture.
- Find out when Canstruction is coming to a city near you